Ibanez GIO GSR200SM 4-string Electric Bass Guitar at a Glance:
- GIO series delivers budget-conscious quality
- Ibanez – a brief history
GIO series delivers budget-conscious quality
Ibanez developed the GIO series for players who demand Ibanez quality in a budget-conscious package. Featuring excellent tonewoods, first-rate electronics, and exceptional playability, GIO series electric guitars and basses provide beginners and value-minded musicians with an authentic, Ibanez-branded instrument. The GIO series proves that a guitar doesn’t have to cost a bundle to sound good!
Ibanez – a brief history
Ibanez began its life in 1908 as the Hoshino Gakki company in Nagoya, Japan; however, the company didn’t get into the guitar business until 1929, when they started importing Salvador Ibanez guitars from Spain. In 1935, Hoshino Gakki began building Spanish acoustic guitars under the “Ibanez Salvador” name, which was later shortened to “Ibanez.” Although Ibanez began manufacturing electric guitars in 1957, the company was relatively unknown in the West until the 1960s, when they started producing guitars based on American designs. By the late 1970s, Ibanez had stopped producing derivative guitars and had begun manufacturing the original designs that the company is now known for. Ibanez is also famous for their effect pedals (most notably the Tube Screamer) and guitar amplifiers.
Ibanez GIO GSR200SM 4-string Electric Bass Guitar Features:
- Tonewood combination gives you a full yet punchy growl
- Spalted maple top provides a beautiful, classy appearance
- Contoured body and slim neck profile give you amazing playing comfort and speed
- Standard P and J pickups serve up classic fat, punchy tone
- B10 bridge gives you impressive sustain
- Phat II EQ enhances your tone’s low end
This Ibanez GIO GSR200SM electric bass guitar gives you lots of boom for your buck!